On Tuesday, April 11, the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation urges conservation minded Iowans to head to the State Capitol to let our legislators know that after seven years of waiting, it’s time to fund the Natural Resources & Outdoor Recreation Trust Fund
Here are the details:
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Event officially runs 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Come for all of it or part of it.
- You get to talk to your legislators in person and hear from experts and key supporters, including radio and television personality Outdoors Dan Young.
- Panel discussions with conservation leaders, sportsperson group CEOs, public health officials and local brewers – all discussing the importance of clean water, outdoor recreation and economic development will be held throughout the day.
- Oh, and attendees that pre-register get a free #FundTheTrust T-shirt and lunch for their participation!
Can you make it?
In 2010, 63 percent of Iowans voted to create the Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Trust Fund. But it has remained empty for seven years. It’s time to fund the Trust and make an investment in Iowa’s future.
If you plan to come or to encourage others, you can sign up here
Call or email your legislators to let them know you’ll be there on Tuesday.
The Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Trust Fund, once filled, will provide upwards of $180 million annually for water quality, outdoor recreation and conservation projects. Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation is part of the Iowa’s Water and Land Legacy coalition, which is pushing to fund the trust. Learn more about the trust fund and how you can pledge your support at www.iowaswaterandlandlegacy.org.